We know that firefighters are continually exposed to a broad range of extreme hazards on a daily basis including: high heat and flames, molten materials, hot surfaces, harsh physical environments and possible exposure to chemicals and blood borne pathogens. So, we (at Elliotts) are always on the search for the best possible materials to protect these important members of our community.
For this reason, we now stock TenCate TecaSafe®Plus, which is the latest fabric innovation in bushfire fighting apparel in Australia. It combines the all-important fire resistant protection with never before experienced levels of comfort for the wearer. The fabric has been specially engineered to be breathable, durable and heat resistant whilst weighing the same as only a single shirt and jacket!
Tested against other similar materials, TecaSafe® Plus out preformed its competitors across a range of sectors and for this reason has been incorporated into many of our Elliotts fire protective products.
What is more, this light weight fabric has also been rigorously tested by SAI Global and adheres to certification standard of AS/NZS 4824. Thus, providing peace of mind to both the wearer, their employer and their family.
Each garment made with TenCate TecaSafe® fabric offers -
- Inherently flame resistant – FR properties are built in, and won’t wash or wear out. Exceeds NFPA 70E HRC 2 and NFPA 2112 performance standards.
- Comfortable to wear – Soft, flexible and breathable. Specially engineered to provide excellent moisture management properties that keep the wearer cooler by naturally wicking moisture away from the skin. As much as 40% lighter weight than 340gsm FR treated cotton options.
- Exceptional durability – Outstanding abrasion resistance and better strength retention after multiple commercial washes.
- Outstanding laundered appearance – Fabric retains its like-new look and maintains permanent pressed appearance better than other protective fabrics.
- Excellent value – Long life cycle and competitive price means lowest cost.
- Hi visibility – AS/NZS1906.4, ANSI 107 and CSA Z96 compliant for low visibility environments.
- Earth Friendly – Made with Lenzing Tencel®, an award winning, environmentally friendly cellulose fibre
For more information on TenCate TecaSafe® plus fabric simply Contact Us – we are only too happy to help!