Chem-Tech® Chemical Splash Protective Clothing
Chem-Tech® is the latest generation of Chemical Splash Suit fabrics with a breathable hydrophilic PTFE laminate. Elliotts range of Chem-Tech® Chemical Splash Protective Clothing is made from a high performance, high quality 5 layer breathable fabric manufactured specifically for the requirements of chemical splash protection.
High Levels of Comfort and Protection
The Chem-Tech® range of fabrics allows vapour to transfer through the fabric while preventing liquid penetration by a variety of chemicals. Chem-Tech® Chemical Splash Protective Clothing allows the body to ‘breathe’, so your perspiration can evaporate reducing the possibility of heat stress and therefor improving wear comfort.
Many coated fabrics are non-breathable, and they do not allow moisture vapour through. Workers incur the risk of heat stress as this hinders the body’s physiological cooling process. Chem-Tech® Chemical Splash Protective Clothing can provide the wearer with valuable time to access an emergency shower in the case of an accidental chemical splash.
Chem-Tech® breathable chemical splash fabric has been tested to ISO-11092 for water vapour resistance. Water vapour resistance measures the ability of textile fabrics to transfer body heat and moisture vapour away from the body through protective fabric layers and shows the benefits of wearing garments which can better manage metabolic heat.
Chem-Tech® Barrier Technology
Chem-Tech® Chemical Splash Protective Clothing is made from a high performance, high quality 5 layer breathable fabric manufactured specifically for the requirements of chemical splash protection.
- Resists penetration of many liquid chemicals including aviation fuel and Sulphuric Acid ( >3 hours hold out)
- Breathable (moisture vapour permeable) to optimise wearer comfort reducing heat stress and improving productivity
- Also available in an anti-static flame resistant option - Chem-Tech® FRAS
- Conforms to AS/NZS 1906.4 1997 'High Visibility Materials for Safety Garments' (fluoro orange)
- Clothing is third party certified to meet the requirements of AS/NZS 4602.1:2011 'High Visibility Safety Garments'
- Multi-purpose garments affording limited protection against chemical hazards and also as a high performance multi-layer high visibility breathable wet weather garment, exhibiting optimum waterproof and water repellent properties.
- Soft lightweight fabric
- New enhanced PTFE barrier technology
- Extremely durable, washable, reusable and easy to maintain
- All seams sewn and seam sealed for extreme protection
- Chemical resistance and breathability in one garment
The ChemTech® Coverall
- Heavy duty zip with Hook and Loop closure protective flap
- Storm cuffs with closure tabs
- Two large patch pockets on thighs
- Fully seam sealed, draw cord hood
- All seams heat sealed with seam sealing tape
- Available in S to 4XL
Certified to standards?
Elliotts’ range of CHEM-TECH® clothing has been certified to AS/NZS 4602:1999 High Visibility Safety Garments by SAI Global. All of your protective eyewear, hard hats, hear and respiratory protection must be certified to Australian Standards! Protect yourself with protection certified to Australian and New Zealand Standards.
If you would like more information or would like to discuss trialing ChemTech at your workplace fill in your details below.