Pro-Tech 8 Titan K Structural Fire Gloves - Short Cuff
The Pro-Tech 8 Titan K is today's gold standard for structural firefighting gloves! This new glove is the Kangaroo skin version of our Pro-Tech 8 Titan model. Kangaroo is considered the most rugged of all leathers ounce for ounce while maintaining incredible softness and pliability.
The unique structure of kangaroo leather allows it to be cut down to a relatively very thin layer but still retain its strength. As a comparison, when split to 20% of original thickness kangaroo skin retains 30-60% of the tensile strength of the unsplit hide. Calf leather, on the other hand, split to 20% of original thickness retains only 1-4% of original strength.
The result is far superior durability than other structural gloves, protection that averages well over 60 TPP during NFPA compliance testing and unsurpassed dexterity and comfort that Pro-Tech 8 users demand; an unbeatable combination that no structural glove in the world can equal!
Titan K, of course, includes the Pro-Tech 8 unique knuckle guard protection system that enhances your safety even further at this vulnerable spot.
Pro-Tech 8 structural gloves use the highest quality components including DuPont Kevlar and Nomex and water repellent leather. The multi-layer design allows incredibly soft and comfortable break in with thermal protection that actually increases after washing, as proven during our lab certification testing; also while drying quickly and soft. The inner liner component is 100% knitted Nomex and cannot be simply pulled apart like the SEF used in many of our competitors' gloves.
The glove is certified as compliant to the NFPA 1971 Standard 2007 Edition on Protective Ensemble for Structural Firefighting; certifying agent Safety Equipment Institute, Virginia.
- Advanced multi-layer design provides repetitive thermal protection & cut/puncture resistance. This unique design also allows the glove to dry faster and stay soft over time.
- Flexible 8 layer knuckle guard system provides reinforced thermal protection and cut/puncture resistance at this vulnerable area.
- 5 varied layering design reinforces protection specifically where needed and allows for superior dexterity, grip and flexibility.
- The ring and middle fingers suede are cut and sewn independently for enhanced dexterity.
- Intricate stitching down on the outer palm layers prevents bunching up of material and allows most effective grip.
- The glove inner liner is sewn in at each fingertip and also bonded for maximum retention and efficient wet don-and-doff.
- Titan K Long Cuff is the only structural glove with a wristlet style that extends actual glove body rather than using outdated knit wristlets that offer less protection and lose shape over time.
- Fully knitted 100% Nomex inner liner.
- Double layer breathable polymer liner for bloodborne pathogen/ liquid resistance.
- Available in sizes SM, MD, LG, XL, 2XL and 3XL