ArcSafe® S40 Arc Flash Switching Hood
The ArcSafe® S40 Arc Flash Switching Hood incorporates the Super Lightweight S40 materials and our new highly transparent ArcSafe face shield. The hood provides the user with full colour recognition. This new super lightweight system is ideal for hot conditions and wicks moisture away from the body improving wearer comfort.
- Outer Fabric: Norfab NF Arc™
- Lining Fabric: OmniQuilt™
- Traditional hood design
- Integrated hard hat
Face Shield – Highly Transparent Grey with Full Colour Recognition Grey
- The grey-coloured highly transparent face shield allows for full colour recognition.
- The nanoparticle formula ensures the performance of the shield is not negatively affected when scratched.
- Abrasion resistant coating on the front surface and a permanent anti-fog coating on the interior.
Optional - ArcSafe® ArcVents
- Rear ArcVents can be added for additional ventilation, release of heat and carbon dioxide and auditory communication improvement.
- Remove fabric component from face shield components and follow Fabric/Garment Care Instructions.
- Wash face shield and other plastic components with a mild detergent and water. Rinse well and dry with soft cloth or chamois.
Standards and Certification
- This ArcSafe® Arc Flash protective garment has been independently tested by Kinectrics to ASTM F2178-08 Standard Test Method for Determining the Arc Rating and Standard Specification for Eye or Face Protective Products.
- Meets Standards for Flame Resistant Fabrics – ASTM F1506 and NFPA 70E.
- Arc Rating: ATPV – 46cal/cm; PPE4 (HRC4)
NFPA 70E Compliance requires wearing of the whole system (3-piece) as ONE UNIT. 3 Pieces including hood, coat and leggings or hood, jacket and bib & brace trousers. Once a garment has been exposed to an arc flash, it must be removed from service.
Find out more about our Safety Products:
Browse through our range of Arc Flash Switching Clothing & Equipment - CLICK HERE
For more information, please call us on 07 3265 2944 or send us a message through our Contact page.
Connect with us on: