Elliotts, an Australian based manufacturer of Quality Safety Gear and PPE, is excited to announce its new range of Arc Flash PPE – ArcSafe® X50, to its already very successful ArcSafe® range.
Speaking with Anthony Elliott, Managing Director of Elliotts, “We’re very excited to launch the new ArcSafe® X50 range to our already successful selection of ArcSafe® T40 and T9 ranges. We have spent two years, researching and testing many different fabrics and fabric combinations before finally arriving at the ArcSafe X50”.
The brand new ArcSafe® X50 range includes the new state-of-the-art Lift Front hood as well as a traditional arc flash hood which both include the new grey-coloured highly transparent face shield which allows full colour recognition. The range doesn’t stop at hoods, the X50 range also includes a Jacket and Trouser or Coat and legging combinations, both available with and without Reflective Trim.
ArcSafe X50 – The next Generation in Arc Flash PPE
The ArcSafe® X50 range is the next generation of Arc Flash PPE designed with a focus on not only the protection, but also the comfort of the end user.
At Elliotts, we are always searching for What’s Next... we travel the world searching for the latest technologies to ensure we can offer the best possible PPE for our customers. Safety Gear that focuses on maximising protection, but not compromising wearer comfort, and is also stylish and offers value for money.
Arc Flash clothing design has not changed for years. Most manufacturers produce the same simple style of garment. Our Design & Development team have combined their experience in the design of other PPE, including structural and wildland protective clothing, and incorporated those design features to address wearers feedback. The ArcSafe® X50’s new ergonomic design is focused on maximising comfort and increasing the wearers freedom of movement. It is an exciting development and offers something that the industry has been requesting for some time”, said Anthony.
New Lift Front Hood
- Incorporates the latest grey-coloured highly transparent face shield which allows full-colour recognition.
- A large toric window ensures; superior peripheral vision, reduces internal glare, can be worn with prescription glasses/eyewear without distortion and reduces eye stress and strain.
- Transparent chin protector allows the user a wide field of view, excellent downward vision and the ability to check one's footing.
- The nanoparticle formula ensures the performance of the shield is not negatively affected when scratched.
- Abrasion-resistant coating on the front surface and a permanent anti-fog coating on the interior.
- The hood includes front and side air vents for indirect ventilation when the face shield is closed.
- Improves wearer comfort and allows the release of built-up heat and carbon dioxide.
- Auditory ports allow for auditory communication through side ports and front ports when the face shield is closed.
- Optional Extras include: an articulated light mount system on either side of the shield and/or the addition or rear vents can be added for additional ventilation and release of built-up heat and carbon dioxide.
New ArcSafe® X50 Garments
The ArcSafe® X50 Arc Jacket, Coat, Leggings and Trousers are made from high visibility orange etek™ NXT™ and T-Gard® III Plus thermal liner with an ATPV 52 PPE4 (HRC4). This new lightweight system is ideal for hot conditions and wicks moisture away from the body improving wearer comfort. The ergonomic design includes
- Bib & Brace Trousers: Articulated knees for a greater range of movement and improved comfort levels. Bib and brace design with 50mm wide braces and side tab closures for a snug fit.
- Jacket & Coat: The ergonomic design includes an action back, underarm gussets and articulated sleeves for a greater range of movement and improved comfort levels.
Standards & Testing
Elliotts prides itself on investing heavily in product testing and certification by world-leading independent third parties.
“We have always, not only ensured our fabrics and fabric assemblies are tested, but that our completed garments are also tested. Our hoods and garments are tested by ArcWear at Kinectrics High Current Laboratory in Canada.”
“Most manufacturers use test reports supplied by fabric manufacturers, make up a garment and call it an arc flash suit. Independent third-party testing of, not only fabrics, but garments and hoods provides the wearer with the confidence that the PPE will provide the protection it claims” said Anthony.
The ArcSafe® X50 Range of garments have been tested to the following standards:
- ASTM F2178-08 Standard Test Method for Determining the Arc Rating and Standard Specification for Face Protective Products.
- ASTM F2621-19 Standard Practice for Determining Response Characteristics and Design Integrity of Arc Rated Finished Products in an Electric Arc Exposure.
- IEC 61482-1-2 - Box Testing Class 2
- AS4602.1:2011 High Visibility Safety Garments: Garments for high risk applications
The ArcSafe® X50 Fabric Ensemble has been independently tested by Kinectrics to:
- ASTM F1506 Standards for Flame Resistant Fabrics - ASTM F1506
- IEC 61482-1 Method A – Fabrics
The ArcSafe® X50 Performance Results
- Arc Rating: ATPV - 52cal/cm; PPE4 (HRC4)
- IEC 61482-1-2 Box Testing - Class 2
- AS4602.1:2011 – Class D or D/N
So, what is next for Elliotts?
We are continuing to design and develop new Arc Flash PPE and are about to start testing our new Super Lightweight Arc Flash suit. More information to follow soon!
Interested in a FREE Online Demonstration of